Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Consignment shops and travelling skirts

There is a plethora of 'consignment' shops in South Florida. I had to double-check with the owner of one to make sure I understood the system. You give them your junk, they sell it and give you a percentage of the proceedings. Fair enough. With our upcoming move it seemed the right time to offload clothes, bags, shoes and jewellery for which I paid an arm and a leg to ship from Australia. Some of the stuff had been shipped from the country of its birth, to Australia, to Japan, back to Australia and then to Florida. Have you travelled more than my Klimt-design 3/4 length denim skirt? (Sorry mom, but out it goes!)

This is how much this skirt has travelled though it's painfully obvious how many continents I have completely missed so far:



Click here to make your own map!

2 comments:

m said...

I have a pair of shoes and a denim skirt that have proudly visited EVERY continent, I stopped counting the countries. NO WAY am I getting rid of them! They will have to fall off my ass and be pried off my cold dead feet first!

Oh yeah, and I wash them regularly.
;-)

Indy said...

Haha nice one! ;)