Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Had my locks sheered

Nothing drastic. Just a wee snip snip of the nasty split ends which have started to plague me of late. My last haircut was December 05 in Sydney, at the lovely salon I have gone to since I was 18. Back in the disposable income days I could afford to spend upwards of $150 to plonk myself down on the salon seat and lap up 3 hours worth of streaking and blowing. Today I am in a different position and chose to emphasise the extreme contrast by getting my locks tended to at the cheapest place around. Today I got my haircut at Walmart after picking up pizza dough, tomatoes and an avacado. My lock sheerer was one Ms. Sherlock who has lived her life oblivious that she was predisposed to her calling through name. She was an outstanding example of Walmart's human resources, impressing me with her dazzling wit and snipping dexterity. For the bargain price of $12.50 I had my tresses butted at with dull scissors whilst being hypnotised by my hair artist's belly swaying gently over her knees. She had problems understanding my responses to her small talk which was made clear to me when she exclaimed "Oh your Japanese fiance can speak Japanese too?" after listening to my conversation on the phone. All in all it was a good experience and I will consider going back to Walmart in another 8 or so months when my split ends are threatening to mutiny.

3 comments:

Natalie Bates said...

Hello sweet pea, haven't had a chance to look at your blog for awhile and it has made for some entertaining reading and viewing..how did you find all those old photos?
Hope you're well :)
Natty

Perogyo said...

Does it make me a pathetic person when the idea of purchasing pizza dough, tomatoes and avocade and then getting my haircut at Walmart sounds like a dream come true? Almost as good as an Eiffel Tower proposal!

Indy said...

LOL thanks for the perspective medea, it is all too easy to lose it here, as it is in Japan!
We need to work out an arrangement where we trade places (not necessarily partners) every few weeks... dou?