Monday, April 23, 2007

Countdown

Well, this wedding of ours is finally just around the corner.

We have been so busy settling in to our new lifestyle here in Guam that I've had little time to cultivate my inner Bridezilla.

Our first guests (Grandma & Grandpa Brown, Aunt Mickey & Uncle Wayne from the States and Solon and Andrew from Oz) arrive on Friday morning. Gary from Hawaii flies in Sunday, leaving Jess, Jen, Mike, Nhu, Phillip, Alex, Toshiko, Yoshiko, Miho, Yuki, Mayu, Soichiro, Marcia & Ross flying in Monday, the day of the BIG FIESTA. On different flights of course.

Tuesday is the main event with the ceremony kicking off at 5pm, at the Hilton.

Then the rest of the week will be spent snorkeling, shopping, eating, swimming, drinking, touring, relaxing and more eating.

Good times and exhaustion for all.

On a work-related note:

I will continue my part-time roles as English Teacher at the Japan Club of Guam and Japan School of Guam and pick up a third FULL-TIME position at DFS as a Personal Shopper/Concierge in their VIP lounge. It will be a rough transition back to the world of full-time work after this extended period of early retirement, but I am happy knowing that I'll be speaking lots of Japanese because I don't want to lose it.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Perogyo said...

Congratulations! You must be so excited. I can't wait to see pics.

The new position sounds exciting- but don't work too hard!

Libby said...

Hope you have a wonderful day and week - sounds like a great celebration. As medea said - looking forward to photos.
I only have 9 days left of work and am very much looking forward to not working at all (until the baby comes that is...) :)